A mortgage broker acts as an intermediary between mortgage lenders and borrowers. Brokers act as a point of communication between parties, as well as collecting necessary information and documentation to assess eligibility. The goal of a broker is to connect potential buyers with lenders, seeking out the lowest rates and the best terms.
What Does a Mortgage Broker Do?
- Create borrower portfolios that showcase loan eligibility
- Offer helpful tips for making yourself a more attractive load candidate (paying off existing debt, like credit cards)
- Determine appropriate loan amounts and terms based on collected financials
- Seeks out lowest interest rates and the best available terms
- Submits applications and financial reports to appropriate lenders
- Act as a point of communication between lenders and potential borrowers
- If one lender rejects an application, a broker does not stop there. Brokers will contact multiple lenders in the event of a rejection
Jason Humeniuk: Your Mortgage Broker for Langley & Surrey
After more than 25 years in the industry, Jason Humeniuk has experience in residential and commercial mortgages throughout the Langley and Surrey area and beyond. More than depending on a single credit union or financial institution, an experienced broker has a network of reputable lenders on hand to better serve their customers.
Being a broker is more than a job, it is a passion. Connecting borrowers and lenders is not just a contract, it is the first step to a new home or investment property. Purchasing a new home or opening a business is an exciting time and mortgage brokers work to keep it that way. By working alongside clients to build a complete and appealing mortgage application, specialists are able to encourage lender participation. Mortgage specialists also compare rates to create an accessible loan for borrowers.
If you are ready to purchase a home or storefront, call a mortgage broken to kick-start your application process. Real estate does not need to be scary! Don’t wait another day to find your dream home or workspace.