This unique financial product allows you to access the equity in your home and convert it into tax-free cash. You have the choice to receive your money as a lump-sum upfront, or as a lump-sum with advances over time.
All too often life is about compromises – well, not in this case.
With a Reverse Mortgage, you’ll be able to live in the home you love and enjoy a comfortable lifestyle.
We understand that Canadians over the age of 55 have unique financial needs that are only growing in
complexity. Compared to traditional methods, a reverse mortgage allows you the ability to access the
equity in your home to use however you wish, making it a viable option in many financial plans.
Ways you can use a Reverse Mortgage
- Relieve financial pressure
- Increase cash flow
- Buy a vacation property
- Home renovations/improvements
- Early inheritance
- Assist a family member or friend
- Healthcare expenses
- Alleviate debt
- Preserve investments
Benefits of a Reverse Mortgage
You always own your home
Reverse mortgage companies are not in the homeownership business. Instead, they are here to provide you with a unique financial product designed to provide you with the cash you need, when you need it.
No regular monthly payments
You are not required to make regular mortgage payments for as long as your home is your primary residence.
All funds acquired through CHIP are tax-free, and do not affect your OAS or CPP.
A customizable solution
Access up to 55% of the value of your home and receive the funds in the amount you desire in one lump-sum. You can also get monthly/ quarterly installments, or a combination of a lump-sum and installments.
Protect your investments
Your investment portfolio can remain untouched for a longer period of time.
Get your finances under control and gain the freedom to set your own plans and priorities.
How it works
- Decide if it’s right for you
- Let us help you review your financial situation to determine if a Reverse Mortgage is a good fit for you.
- Craft your own flexible plan
- Access up to 55% of your home’s appraised value, tax-free, as a lump-sum payment, plus the option of advances over time.
- Peace of mind
- You will maintain complete ownership of your home.
Who can qualify?
- Canadian homeowners
- Age 55 or older
- Home must remain your primary residence